This retreat is being led by The Journey Ministries Team and is designed exclusively for men.
Your registration fee covers your lodging, meals (including Thursday evening dinner) and all of the teaching and materials for the weekend. Due to the nature and depth of the content and experience, this boot camp is not designed for youth. We recommend that you be at least 18 to attend.
This weekend should not be viewed as a ‘father/son’ event, although fathers and sons are welcome to attend the same event together. Our recommendation, however, is that they participate in different weekends, at least for their first experience.
What to Bring
Be prepared for both fair and foul weather. You’ll have opportunities to get outdoors alone. Our location is also full of great hiking trails and has multiple places from which you can enjoy breathtaking views. You’ll also enjoy an assortment of activities to choose from including nightly bonfires.
Please make the commitment to read the book “Wild at Heart” one or two weeks prior to the event… even if you have read it before.
To make your experience a pleasurable one, plan to bring the following:
- Casual clothes
- Adventure clothes
- Jacket/Warm Clothes (for Fall Weekend)
- Good walking shoes and/or hiking boots
- Notebook/Journal, bible, and pen
- Your pillow (the facility provides these but you may want your own)
- Towel and toiletries
- Chairs for sitting around the campfire in the evenings
- Fishing Gear (there’s a lake on the property for those who want to fish…and it’s free!)
- Extra $$ for activities not covered